I’m a lover of almost all cookies, well all sweets for that matter; however, I needed to find a healthier option that would cure my sweet tooth while not making me feel too guilty of making unhealthy choices.
As I scoured the internet for healthier options, I came across flourless almond butter cookies. After reading countless recipes, the one I loved the most was by the fashion model, Emily DiDonato. After watching a couple of her videos on YouTube, I instantly felt a connection. She is super personable and relatable. Win/win!
My first thought on these cookies was “they’re going to taste awful.” One, I’ve never been a huge fan of coconut EVER. And two, I thought there needed to be more ingredients to make this recipe yummy. Well, I was wrong, they are legit!!!! Not only are they delicious, but they are also extremely easy to make. Enjoy!
Flourless Almond Butter Cookies
- Mixing Bowl
- Baking Sheet
- Cutting Board
- Measuring cups
- 1 cup Creamy Almond Butter all natural
- 1 cup Coconut flakes
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Mini Dark Chocolate Chips or dark choclate bar chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- If you are not using mini dark chocolate chips, grab a cutting board and knife and thinly chop up one dark chocolate bar
- In a mixing bowl, add all ingredients and mix well
- Grab a baking sheet and spoon mixed ingredients onto baking sheet measuring roughly 6-8 cookies
- Bake for 12 minutes and let cool
If you’re not already following Emily, I highly recommend you do. I recently started to follow her on YouTube and have truly enjoyed her content.
Now that you have this easy recipe, go make them and come back here and let us know your thoughts.