How many of you have a can or two of black beans in your pantry? I know I do, and just thinking about black beans makes my mouth instantly salivate. For as long as I can remember, I’ve been a fan of black beans. They are incredibly versatile and nutritious. All I know is I cannot get enough! Anyone else feel the same?
Well, due to COVID-19 and the quarantine parameters for us to stay home, it seems our options are limited for takeout. With my growing desire for some kick-ass black beans, I decided to take action. Here are two of my favorite recipes so far that are tried and true by yours truly! The best part, they are super easy to make, and I’m sure you have the majority of the ingredients already in your kitchen.
Black Bean Dip
- Food Processor
- Cutting Board
- 1 can Black Beans Drained and rinsed
- 1 medium Onion Diced
- 1 medium Jalapeño Remove seeds and dice
- 1 tbsp Garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place all preprared ingredients in a food processor.
- Blend on low until smooth.
- Plate and garnish as you wish.
Delicious Black Beans
- Cutting Board
- 1-2 Cans Black Beans Do not drain
- 1 Medium Onion Diced
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Minced
- 1/2 Tsp Salt and Pepper To taste
- 1/4 Tsp Cayenne Pepper Or use a small jalapeño diced
- Grab a saucepan and combine the entire can of black beans, diced onion, garlic and jalapeño and bring to a boil.
- Once to a boil, reduceheat to medium and season with salt, pepper and cayenne (if you didn’t alreadyadd the jalapeño).
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
To make the presentation of either recipe more appealing, top the platted dips with sliced green onions and diced tomatoes. For those of you that love diary, sprinkle with cheese or sour cream.
Here are some ways I’ve incorporated these two black bean recipes:
- Burrito bowls
- Huevos Rancheros
- As a side dish for anything really; breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner!
Black beans are a must have in my pantry! There is an endless amount of options for black beans and I hope these two recipes are a keeper for you too!
If you have a favorite black bean recipe, share it ASAP as clearly I’m always on the lookout.