My go-to facial by far is the HydraFacial. Why you ask? Because the HydraFacial treatment has many health benefits that my skin desperately needs and it deeply cleanses and rejuvenates my skin with absolutely no downtime or side effects. I swear by this treatment!
If you’ve never heard of HydraFacial, let me give you a quick rundown. It’s a multi-step resurfacing facial treatment that helps thoroughly cleanses and hydrates your skin with a suction device (think of a tiny vacuum about the size of a pen) that instantly leaves your skin with an incredible glow! Depending on where you go for your treatment, there can be, on average, three to six steps within a HydraFacial treatment. The first step is to help cleanse the unwanted layer of all the bad stuff such as dirt and dead skin cells. The second step is to peel and evict (aka extract) all that bad, unwanted dirt from your face with their suction device. The third step is to hydrate and protect your skin with multiple healthy serums that your skin desperately needs.
One of the best features of the HydraFacial treatment is how customizable it is. There is a multitude of serums to choose from, making it available for all skin types.
For all my HydraFacial treatments, I see the one and only Amia Voorhees, medical esthetician at Body+Beauty Lab in Philadelphia. She is well versed in all things skincare and her personality is contagious.
Upon arrival, my face goes through a VISIA Facial Assessment Report. After that, I get myself situated in their private treatment rooms and wait for Amia. When she arrives, she thoroughly inspects my skin and asks questions about how I feel my skin is feeling – she needs to understand what my current skin problems are so she can adequately treat my skin.
After she has determined which serums to use, we are ready to get started. She cleanses my face, and now it’s time for the magic of the HydraFacial machine.
During this portion of the treatment, there are multiple steps – different serums being used, the suction level, and the waiting and soaking process. Having your face being suctioned with their device is a fabulous feeling. For me, it doesn’t hurt and while I am lying there, I think to myself that it is sucking up all the nasty off my face.
Now it’s time for extractions. This part varies in pain as it all depends on the condition of your skin. I would say my pain level is always around the nose. But it is worth it in the end!
After my treatment, I instantly can see a difference in my skin, and it always feels INCREDIBLE! My face looks refreshed and radiant! – Thank you, Amia! Before you leave, you are provided with a treatment plan, product tips, and notes from your treatment. This is extremely helpful to review between treatments and understand the progression of your skin.
I’ve added HydraFacial to my regular skincare routine because it isn’t enough to clean my face day-to-day. That is only for maintenance between treatments. And because this treatment is a medical-grade, it infuses all the extra serums that my face needs. I always look forward to my next treatment!
What are the health benefits of the Hydrafacial?
The Hydrafacial has many benefits and the ones I continue to experience are
- Overall elasticity and firmness of the skin
- Smooth skin texture and wrinkles
- Clearer complexion
- Natural glow
Does the Hydrafacial work on all skin types?
Yes, and that is the beauty of this treatment type. When you consult with your esthetician, they can assist with informing you of all the different serums the Hydrafacial offers and tailor your treatment based on your skin’s needs.
How long does each session last and how often should you get a Hydrafacial?
An average session is around an hour and how often you should go all depends on your skin. I would love to go every month because of the benefits listed above – but I would say every other month.
How much does a Hydrafacial cost?
Each treatment varies depending on what serums as well as any add-ons. I personally go to Body+Beauty Lab in Philadelphia and their average Hydrafacial ranges from $160 – $400. For new Body+ Beauty Lab clients only, mention Empowering In Heels and receive 10% off your facial.
Are there any side effects or downtime?
I have not had any side effects or downtime. However, in order to experience the full impact of this treatment, I would recommend scheduling it when you have a few days to sit around and let the serums soak in. If you don’t have that as an option, you can easily put on makeup and your face will glow!
Here are the types of customized HydraFacials Body+Beauty Lab Offer:
- Essential: Essential is a 4-step process that detoxifies, hydrates, and protects the skin with GlySal 7.5%.
- Purifier: This service option is a 4-step process that detoxifies, hydrates, and protects the skin with GlySal 15%.
- Radiance: The radiance HydraFacial is a 5-step process that detoxifies, hydrates, and protects the skin with Britenol.
- Lift: Lift is a 5-step process that detoxifies, hydrates, and protects the skin with Dermabuilder.
- Ultimate: Ultimate is a 6-step process that detoxifies, hydrates, and protects the skin with your choice of Britenol or Dermabuilder along with LED therapy.
- Dermasleek: Dermasleek is a 5-step process that combines the essential HydraFacial with dermaplaning for optimal results.
- Brilliant clear: A 5-step process that utilizes the unique anti-aging HydraFacial MD and B-Cidal acid technology, this treatment is a brand new “safe acid” technique. The proprietary formula is designed with a pH of 4 and is geared toward acne treatment. In clinical trials, this HydraFacial has been proven to kill propionibacterium acnes or the bacteria on the skin that’s responsible for cystic acne. The pH of B-Cidal is effective in maintaining the acid mantle on the skin, which is key to achieve a clear and radiant skin tone, texture, and clarity. This treatment is highly recommended as a 4-treatment package with products to use at home.
- A package of four treatments: Clients have the option to choose a package of four treatments for their HydraFacial needs.
Now that you are informed about how great HydraFacial treatments are, go out and get one and let me know your thoughts. Your face will thank you!
For new Body+ Beauty Lab clients only, mention Empowering In Heels and receive 10% off your facial.