My Grandmother would always say to me, “Your smile is contagious!” I always knew since then; my best asset was my smile. When I was younger, during a family photo shoot, I noticed my teeth weren’t as sparkly white as I would like, which I felt needed to be corrected – ASAP! For Christmas, my parents gave me teeth whitening from our dentist office as a gift. YAY! The treatment worked, but my teeth became super sensitive, and I started getting headaches between treatments. However, I wasn’t going to let a bit of pain to stop me, as I wanted that contagious smile to look fabulous again!
Well, over the years, I’ve attended countless events and gatherings, where drinking red wine is on of my drinks of choice which, that did a number on my teeth. And the coffee – don’t get me started! Over time, I noticed my teeth were beginning to discolor, and my sparkling white teeth were no longer. Not only are photos a massive part of blogging, but feeling confident is something I don’t mess around with. I was satisfied with everything else but the damn color of my teeth!
After trying multiple options (i.e., white strips, whitening toothpaste, home remedies), nothing was doing the trick. I was very close to paying a ton of money to have my dentist LED white my teeth, but that’s when Smile Brilliant entered my life.
I didn’t know what to expect but wanted to give it a try. I spoke with their team about my concerns from my previous encounter with at home teeth whitening, and they provided me with tips and best practices to follow to make this process better. I was blown away with how much interaction I had with them and how they genuinely care about their clients. And the price was a no brainer! After that, I ordered my kit and waited like a kid at Christmas for their package to arrive.
To say this process was easy is an understatement. Everything from opening the box, to following their step-by-step instructions was pretty straightforward! Making your personal dental impressions was easy! I love the fact that I could create my dental impressions without having to go to a professional. Everything you need is all right there in Smile Brilliant’s at home whitening box.
Here is a quick overview of what you need to do in order to get started:
- Follow the instructions, and less than 10 minutes, your dental impressions are made. I let my molds dry for one hour before I went to the next step.
- Place the dental impressions into the pre-paid package, drop off at USPS, and wait for the removable trays to return.
- Once your package arrives, you are on your way to whiter teeth! My teeth whitening treatments were either first thing in the morning (if I had time before work) or right before bed. I also loved right before bed because I knew I wouldn’t be eating anything until morning, which would help the teeth whitening process.
- Voila, you’re on your way to sparkly white teeth!
Here are a few tips my expert informed me of for teeth whitening with Smile Brilliant:
- Brush teeth with water (not toothpaste, fluoride slows down the whitening process)
- Whiten for 45 minutes-3 hours (3 hours max per day! Do not whiten overnight, it can cause extreme sensitivity)
- Brush teeth with a non-whitening toothpaste
- Rinse trays out with cold water
- Desensitize for 20 minutes (do not drink or eat for 1 hour after each session)
- Remove trays, but do not rinse your mouth or brush your teeth, just spit (leave a thin layer of desensitizing gel on your teeth)
- Sleep! It is the best to whiten before bed, so you are not introducing any staining food or drinks.
The gel syringe lasted me roughly four full applications – meaning both top and bottom teeth. I noticed a difference within five total applications (on average people will start seeing improvements within 7-14 full applications). During my teeth whitening, I tried to avoid consuming coffee, red wine, berries, and anything else that has been a factor of staining my teeth for at least 24 hours after each application. This wasn’t forever, as I wanted to go all in during my treatment process. My teeth never felt sensitive, and I think it’s because I chose to apply during the day and not overnight. That made a HUGE difference.
I’m ecstatic that I chose Smile Brilliant for my teeth whitening. Pictures do not do this product justice, but I know my confidence level is higher, and my teeth have never looked so sparkly. I love that Smile Brilliant has a maintenance process to assist with keeping my teeth white even after my wine nights! I am putting the color of my teeth first, and I am glad I have Smile Brilliant to thank for that.
Be sure to follow Smile Brilliant on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook to learn more about their products and other results.
What is your experience with teeth whitening? Share below!