Let’s face it, we always want what we don’t have and for me that’s long luscious eyelashes. For years I have always purchased a variety of glue on strip eyelashes to accentuate my eyes. Don’t get me wrong, they looked amazing but the process of putting them on was a struggle. I am not an expert and if people only knew how long it took me each time to execute the strip eyelashes, they would laugh. The glue would be everywhere and you have to be exact with glue and timing of when to place them on your eyelids in order for the strip to stay on.
Nothing is worse than when you feel like you have done a great job but realize that half of the lashes are falling off your face…not a great look.
I was beyond ready to skip the tricky strips and try something different. With all that being said, I decided to completely amp up my eyelash game and put on semi-permanent eyelash extensions. And I am ADDICTED! The extensions have given my eyelashes full volume and a completed look every day. I could wake up, wash my face and head out the door still looking like I attempted a complete look. The eyelashes make my face look fresh and more importantly, I look awake!
Here are a few things to know before moving forward with semi-permeant eyelashes:
- Research the stylist/company – preview before and after pictures of their work and make sure they are highly recommended.
- Know your ideal look before you go in. Some eyelash stylist can have a variety of styles/looks. Come prepared on eyelash looks so you can have a conversation with your stylists on what “look” you are going for.
- Time – your first session could be anywhere from two-three hours in length. And you are unable to open your eyes. I recommend either playing music, listening to podcast or purchasing an audiobook. Learning and beauty…that’s a win/win!
- Once you put your first set of eyelashes on, you will be obsessed. There is quite a bit of maintenance with your lashes, which you must be prepared for. Remember, they are very delicate! Be sure the company gives you a list of things to follow in order to keep these beauties maintained.
- Make sure you shower before you go as you CANNOT get your lashes wet for the first 24 hours!
My eyelash stylist is absolutely amazing and makes the experience effortless. She keeps me informed on things I need to do to keep my eyelashes well maintained. I have full confidence in her that she will put the best quality lashes on my “other lashes” and elevate my look at every appointment. My lashes last a full two weeks and sometimes I can go up to three weeks. If you are in the Rittenhouse area in Philadelphia, you must see Kelly.
What are your thoughts on semi-permeant eyelashes?
Kelly is a highly trained beauty professional with over 8 years of experience working in the salon industry. Her education background and licensing includes Licensed Esthetician, Licensed Cosmetologist, Salon Management, and Certified Lash Artist. She strives to provide an excellent professional service to all her clients in Rittenhouse Square, Philadelphia and Woodbury, New Jersey. Her fundamental values are: Health, Quality, Integrity and Beauty.
Feel free to connect with Kelly as she is ready to add some glamour to your world!
Location: City Nails on Square 1630 Walnut Street 2nd Floor Philadelphia, PA 19103
Author: Julie Davis
Eyelash look: A classic wispy Cateye using D curl (lengths 9 to 15 mm)